Tuesday, November 4, 2008

viva el Peru

Rather than recount the stories you have all heard (multiple times?), here are a few things I learned in Peru...















Incans were tough.  

Terraces on the side of a mountain look very hard to build, but th

ey are everywhere!  It was fascinating to learn how calculated and precise In can building techniques were.  I cannot even cut a straight line...


















Andy is tough.

Being in Peru - meeting the people, walking the streets, seeing the sights, and dining where guinea pig is offered - made me appreciate Andy’s missionary experience, and feel swelling pride that he is my brother.  (Incidentally, the same can be said about my time in Italy for Todd.)  I loved Peru instantly because I know how much Andy loves it (and because there were llamas).


I am tough.  (Stop laughing, I am tough.)  

And, I am a good sport.  We did rather hard hikes (sometimes without water) and saw really huge bugs.  On a hike to Lake Sandoval, my nose started bleeding a few kilometers in - it was awful.  But my complaints and meltdowns were minimal, so it all feels like a victory.  (I know this is my opinion, no need to solicit validation from anyone present at the time.)





Everyone has a vice.  

And mine is diet coke, or when international, coca light.  Prior to Peru, I spent a few months soda-free, but getting back on the wagon was like reuniting with an old friend.

















I have good friends.

...even if they always lose at hearts.









(Blogger is not my friend.  It will not put any of my pictures where I want them, or upload the ones that I want.  and what is the deal with the fonts?  ugh.)

No comments: